Mastek is set to deliver a high-profile programme for a central government department. The programme represents the next generation of the UKs biometric capability replacing and integrating with legacy systems and other departments.
You will be part of a multidisciplinary team, helping to self-organise whilst creating a culture of learning and transparency using relevant agile / lean tools and techniques, removing blockers that might slow the pace of delivery. DevOps is a way of working which applies lean process improvement and automation to enable a flow of working software to users, which may include looking across organisational functions of development and operations that might previously have operated as separate silos.
Java full stack developer will be responsible for developing solutions and simulators as part of the end to end solution. The role requires in-depth understanding of the software development lifecycle and strong technical experience with an open-minded attitude and ability to rapidly adapt and learn.
- Experience of developing on on-premise infrastructure using hyper-v virtualisation
- Experience with Java 8, Java 11, Spring Framework, Spring Boot
- Practical Microservices development experience
- Practical Relational Database development experience (e.g. PostgreSQL) and NO SQL
- REST APIs
- Strong understanding CI and DevOps technologies (Hands-on experience on Git, Jenkins, and Ansible preferred)
- Practical experience on AWS (ECS, EKS, API Gateway and Serverless technologies)
- Agile development – Scrum, Kanban, TDD, BDD
- Good understanding of JSON and XML
Nice to have Skills
- Good understanding of Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience in large scale integration projects involving messaging, web services and distributed systems
- Apache Camel and WSO2 Integrator (or similar products)
- ELK stack
- OpenStack platform
- Workflow/Business Process Management tools and BPEL
- Azure Cloud Platform
- Public Sector experience
To qualify for the role, you should have
Hands on test automations experience working on digital or technology projects either at a leading consultancy, agency or Government organisation
- AWS or Azure certification, or be willing to attain the certification
- A self-starter, comfortable working in both process driven and ambiguous environments
- Experience and a passion for working within Central Government and other sectors.
- Proven capability of working successfully with senior client stakeholders and end-users, quickly building successful relationships and establishing credibility
- A passion for digital and technology, with the drive and determination to continually learn new things and develop yourself and others
- Strong written, presentation and verbal communication skills, with a high degree of attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to work independently in a highly collaborative, team-based environment
- The right to live and work in the UK, be a British national (ideally not dual nationality), and SC cleared / SC eligible